Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just a rice recipe

So, feeling adventurous and uninspired on what to pair with the pork. I look in the cabinet and see:
Rotel diced tomatoes with cilantro and lime (my that's been in there a long time)....
Rotel Mexican Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice & Cilantro - Click Image to Close

So I grab it and dump it into a pan. I add 1/3 cup of sour cream. 2 cans* full of rice. and I think 3 cans* of water.
I make it like you would make rice on the stovetop. I stirred. Brought to a boil. Covered and let simmer until the rice is soft. Then, I added so cheddar. I'm waiting to see what it will taste like.



Okay. It's done. I tried it.
Have you ever had the "fiesta lime chicken" from Applebee's?
It tasted like the rice from that dish.
I'm going to serve it with more cheese.
It didn't go with the main/meat, but it was tasty.
It's too spicy for DD.



**By can I mean the empty can that once held the diced tomatoes, cilantro and lime. Whose image will look like the one above except it will be sans top.

No comments:

Post a Comment