Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend Fun

On Saturday, we went straight to Wal-mart to buy our groceries. We were going to cook Easter supper on Saturday and take it to the Farm. We got back home and started cooking immediately. I also set the food coloring up for egg dying.
This was the menu:

appetizer-- (made from the dyed eggs) deviled eggs

salad--lettuce, black olive, tomato, cucumber

bread--french bread

meat main: HAm (pineapple, cherry, brown sugar)


macaroni and cheese-kraft

green-bean casserole-modified campbells recipe

corn casserole--paula deen recipe

potato salad-star private stock store bought...yum

sweetness: charoset with pecans-.

Took it to the farm. Had a delightful dinner with MIL,FIL, DH, DD, DS and me. Afterwards, the in-laws gave the kids easter baskets and hid easter eggs. I am sure they all had a tremendous time.

Easter morning:
We all woke up and took our time getting ready. I finished up the hand ribbons for the kids. We were all dressed beautifully. I meant to get pictures, but it just didn't happen. We made it to church early. Made sure we had everything ready for the kids Easter special. The kids arrived. We went over the chorus and signs before church started. I had all the kids hold hands, and we prayed. We prayed that God would use the kids to minister to everyone. Got the robe for the choir special. Sat with the choir. The church service began and it finally came time for the kids special. I was going to introduce their special, but when I said 'Happy Easter' to the Church, I felt like we should just do our thing. Two of my older girls sang the verses together while the rest of the kids sang and signed the chorus. We did "My Redeemer Lives". The children did wonderful. At one point, I was kinda losing them, so I prayed and said "come on guys". Then they started to really sing the song-- they all got louder, more expressive, put smiles on they're faces, made all the motions. It was great. I heard that there were very few dry eyes afterward. People were blessed, touched, ministered to. The Spirit moved. IT was special. Now, if only I can get my hands on a copy of it. lol.
We came home from church and ate yummy leftovers. We set out on the road to see mom, g'ma, aunt and other family. The drive took us 2.5 hours. My kids were so happy with their surprise! (seeing their g'ma and great g'ma). I was happy to see mom and my g'ma too. We ate Easter supper again at my Aunt's house. We talked and then spent the night at the hotel. In the am, the played in the CCOLLDD pool. Then, mom, me, dd, ds went shopping. Later, we met back up with the rest of the family. A good time was had by all. Driving back home was a challenge. was so tired. Was happy to see DH.

It sure was hard getting DD awake and to school this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment