Friday, April 3, 2009

The mechanic

Yesterday, we took the car to get the brakes fixed and the recommended maintenance for 100,000 miles. When I got the car back and was driving it home, I felt like I had a new car again. 

I immediately thought of salvation. 

When we are fresh from heaven little babies, we are NEW and all though we are born into a world of sin--we don't yet know sin. Through life, we get our wear and tear, and we sin. We become broken (hearted) and unpleasant for others to be around. 

However, once we go the Great Mechanic. He makes us like new! We are a new creation in Christ! 

Just my random thoughts about how much God loves us not only to save us, but enough to fix us. 

 I have always been a mechanic's daughter, but now I know I am also THE Mechanic's daughter. 

1 comment:

  1. PS... I was thinking you might also love nieniedialogues.blogspot.com. She is the sweetest mama and wife with an eye for the beauty in life. Start at her first posts. A lot has happened since she started. A plane accident which burned like 80 or 90 percent of her body and she's, of course :D, inspiring. I don't know her... A ton of ppl follow her blog cuz it's so great and a friend, who's blog is also crazy cute, Emily Maxwell (emsandboys.blogspot.com, maybe?) recommended nienie to me.
    love!

    ReplyDelete